New York City – On Tuesday, the Lawyers’ Committee for 9-11 Inquiry filed a petition with the U. S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York demanding a grand jury investigation into what they call “unprosecuted federal crimes” committed at the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. The non-profit public interest group filed the 52-page petition along with 57 exhibits which they say conclusively prove that explosives and/or incendiary devices caused the collapse of World Trade Center towers 1, 2, and 7. The lawyers state that the evidence shows these pre-placed explosives were the true cause of the collapse of the buildings.
After delivering the petition, the non-profit public interest group held a press conference outside of New York City Hall with activists, family members of 9/11 victims, and lawyers representing the families. LC board members Dave Meiswinkle, Esq. and Julio Gomez, Esq. spoke about the 9/11 family members and the activists who support them in their efforts to reveal the truth about the attacks. 9/11 family member Robert McIlvaine also spoke about the loss of his son Bobby and his search for truth.
“Given that our government has chosen not to look at the evidence of the use of explosives in the World Trade Center buildings for 17 years we have decided to exercise our rights under the federal statute to force the issue through this petition which will trigger the U.S. attorneys’ mandatory duty to relay the evidence to a grand jury,” Mick Harrison, Executive Director of the Lawyers’ Committee, told Truth In Media in a phone call. “It’s a late step but it’s an important one to hopefully get us more of the truth of what happened.”
The petition states, “The Lawyers’ Committee has reviewed the relevant available evidence . . . and has reached a consensus that there is not just substantial or persuasive evidence of yet-to-be-prosecuted crimes related to the use of pre-planted explosives and/or incendiaries . . . on 9/11, but there is actually conclusive evidence that such federal crimes were committed.”
The Lawyers’ Committee claimed they have evidence of explosives in the buildings, including the following:
- Independent scientific laboratory analysis of WTC dust samples showing the presence of high-tech explosives and/or incendiaries in the form of thermite or thermate.
- Expert analysis of seismic evidence and multiple witness testimonies that explosions occurred at the WTC Towers on 9/11 prior to the plane impacts on the Towers, and prior to the building collapses.
- Technical analysis of video evidence of the WTC building collapses.
- Firefighter reports of explosions, and of seeing “molten iron like in a foundry”. The Petition notes that the presence of molten iron would require temperatures higher than jet fuel and building contents could create when burned (the official explanation), but consistent with the use of the high-tech explosive and incendiary thermite or thermate.
- The presence of previously molten iron-rich microspheres in the WTC dust, which has been established by electron microscope analysis of WTC dust samples by both government and independent scientists, is another phenomenon that would be scientifically impossible based on the burning of jet fuel and office contents alone (the official explanation of the buildings’ collapse).
- Video and eyewitness testimony of the ejection during the collapse of WTC 1 and 2 of heavy steel elements laterally from the buildings, which would not be possible from a gravity collapse (the official explanation).
- Scientific analysis, eyewitness testimony and government reports confirming sulfidation and high-temperature corrosion of the steel found in the rubble after the collapse of the WTC Towers and WTC 7, a phenomenon not expected in a jet fuel fire and gravity collapse (the official explanation) but consistent with the use of thermate.
Article source link :