Tinder box cladding wrapped around buildings should be ripped down immediately because thousands of lives could be at risk, one of Britain’s top fire experts told MailOnline today.
Grenfell Tower in White City had insulated aluminium panels installed on the outside by East Sussex-based company Harley Facades Limited – but it ignited ‘like a firelighter’ after a fridge exploded yesterday.
Today it emerged that the same company, and the main contractor Rydon, did the same work at dozens of other buildings including scores of high-rise blocks housing thousands.
Four 23-storey tower blocks in Camden, north London were refurbished with the cladding at a cost of £16 million, raising fears for the safety of thousands other residents.
Article source link :